FEVER AND TREATMENT
Fever is a temperature of 100.5 (38.1 degrees C)
Many People Mistakenly Think That Any Temperature Above 98.6 Is A Fever.
Fever IS NOT Dangerous or Harmful. Fever Is Actually Helpful During An Illness. It Revs Up The Child's NATURAL Immune System to Help Fight Off The infection.
Fever DOES NOT Cause Brain Damage
The Whole Child Pediatrics Tips for Parents
Take Your Child's Temperature With A Reliable Thermometer
- Vicks V934 Digital Thermometer
- Tat 2000C Forehead Thermometer
- Kinsa Smart Thermometer
- Read Actual Temperature on Thermometer: Do Not Add or Subtract A Degree
- Tell Us the Temperature, Where You Took It, and Which Thermometer
- Tell Us If You Treated Your Child, What Medicine You Used and What Dose You Gave
Treat Fever ONLY:
If Temperature is 102 Degrees or HigherOR
If Your Child is Uncomfortable or Fussy With the Illness
Call Us Urgently At 859-647-6700 And Then Press 9 (IF WE ARE YOUR PEDIATRICIANS) If Your Child:
- Has a Fever and Looks Extremely Ill or is Very Fussy
- Has a Fever and HAS NOT HAD IMMUNIZATIONS
- Is Persistently Vomiting
- Has a Sore Throat, Ear Pain or Severe Headache or Stiff Neck
- Is Under 2 Months of Age and Has A Temperature of 100.5 (38.1 degrees C) or Higher. This May Indicate A Serious Bacterial Infection.
- Is Looking Or Acting Ill Even if They Don't Have A Fever
- Has Vomiting And/Or Diarrhea And Not Urinating Well, Has Dry Mouth Or Is Difficult To Arouse